CrossBay Capital Partners, a boutique alternative asset placement agent that currently focuses on private equity, is seeking an experienced Sales Representative with a proven relationship-based approach to join our growing team. Each CrossBay Sales Representative is responsible for sourcing and marketing the firm’s investment strategies to both existing and prospective institutional investment accounts within their assigned territory and/or market segment.
The firm requires each representative to develop deep long term client relationships and to always demonstrate the firm’s integrity when assisting customers to identify investments that are best suited to their institution’s current needs and goals. Account relationships are built through continual client contact including phone, electronic communication and personal meetings that include entertainment where appropriate. Team members will also continually develop and expand the firm’s institutional investor base through research and referrals.
Sales team members will continually source potential new investment products through research and referrals for the firm’s consideration. In order to be a more valuable resource to our clients, each representative will become fully educated about each product by participating in the investment team review of each potential investment opportunity, assist internal team members with the due diligence process, participate in the assessment of all fund marketing materials and help with the preparation of fund managers for client presentations. Each sales team member is expected to develop and maintain strong working relationships with each of our investment fund managers.
Each representative is expected to continually and actively seek information on current market conditions, competitive activities and industry trends by reading pertinent research materials, interacting with both internal and external peers and attendance at approved conferences in order to be an educated resource to our clients.
CrossBay offers an attractive performance-oriented compensation package and a flexible entrepreneurial work environment. This is an outstanding opportunity for an extremely motivated success oriented sales professional to join a growing and highly respected alternative investments distribution organization.
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in an institutional sales environment with a successful placement record.
- A post-secondary degree in business or finance is required. A master’s in business or finance is preferred. CFA or CAIA is desirable.
- Demonstrated aptitude for analysis and problem solving as the ability to determine solutions for customers is critical in this consultative sales model.
- Must be organized, results-orientated and able to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Must possess traditional sales skills including strong confident interpersonal skills; strong and articulate communication skills (written and verbal).
- The ability to multi-task across an array of products and clients simultaneously is essential.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite applications and CRM systems is required.
- Must be able to travel extensively (50%). Valid driver’s license is required.
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 are required.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter (detailing relevant experience) and resume to William Keneally at